Throughout 2020, Sutter Health recognized the Year of the Nurse and Midwife and celebrated its nurses and their dedication to compassionately care for patients and their families. Sutter nurses are curious, life-long learners, teachers, mentors and leaders. In support of its nurses’ pursuit of knowledge, Sutter announced a tuition scholarship opportunity with Samuel Merritt University (SMU).
For more than a century SMU, an affiliate of Sutter Health, has educated healthcare professionals in California. In October 2020, the SMU School of Nursing was named one of the top 10 nursing schools in California, according to Nursing Process, a nationwide organization that assesses nursing education.
Scholarship Opportunity Details and Eligibility:
- As of November 2020, full-time, part-time and per diem Sutter employees who are accepted into a Samuel Merritt University nursing program, either full-time or part-time, will receive a 20% discount on tuition.
- Eligible Samuel Merritt University nursing programs include: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), R.N. to BSN, Master of Science in Nursing or Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Students must be continually enrolled from semester to semester and employed at least part-time (or per diem) with any Sutter Health affiliate.
- If students leave the program and re-enroll again later, they are no longer eligible for the scholarship program.
- This scholarship cannot be combined with any other discount.
To learn more, visit SMU’s School of Nursing page.
Sutter is pleased to support its nurses’ educational, personal and professional growth.