By Patrice Wohl, Vitals contributor
Two Sutter hospitals were recently recognized by Healthgrades for their outstanding clinical outcomes in hip and knee joint replacement surgery. Sutter’s Mills-Peninsula Medical Center and Sutter Novato Community Hospital earned the 2023 Outpatient Joint Replacement Excellence Award which puts them among the top 10% of hospitals, nationwide, for outpatient joint replacement.
Related 2023 Healthgrades awards include:
- Sutter Alta Bates Summit Medical Center – Berkeley campus earned the 2023 Joint Replacement Excellence Award and five stars for both Hip and Knee Replacement Surgery
- Sutter Alta Bates Summit Medical Center – Oakland campus earned five stars for Total Hip Replacement
- Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital earned the 2023 Joint Replacement Excellence Award and five stars for Knee Replacement Surgery
- Sutter Davis Hospital earned five stars for Hip Fracture Treatment
- Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento earned the 2023 Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award, Spine Surgery Excellence Award, five stars for Hip Fracture Treatment and is one of Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Spine Surgery
- Sutter Memorial Medical Center earned the 2023 Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award and five stars for Hip Fracture Treatment and Back Surgery
- Sutter Roseville Medical Center earned five stars for Total Hip Replacement
- Sutter Santa Rosa Regional Hospital earned five stars for Total Knee Replacement
- Sutter Surgical Hospital North Valley earned five stars for Total Knee Replacement
“As we recognize National Osteoporosis Awareness Month, I’m especially proud of our advancements in orthopedics,” said Sutter Musculoskeletal Service Line Executive Keegan Kirby. “Outpatient joint replacement care focuses on improving pain management, quality of life, function, mobility, and safety—all essential to help our patients rediscover life without limitations and improve their well-being. Congratulations to all our doctors, clinicians, and staff who strive every day to bring best-in-class care for our 3.3 million patients across Northern California.”
To identify the top-performing hospitals, Healthgrades analyzed patient outcomes at acute care hospitals throughout the country that offer joint replacement in the outpatient environment. This analysis included years 2019 through 2021. Healthgrades’s analysis revealed significant variation in patient outcomes between hospitals during the three-year study period.
Click here to learn more about how Healthgrades identifies the nation’s top hospitals for outpatient orthopedic surgery.